If you are part of a company, university, or organization that is interested in hosting a booth at this year’s upcoming fair, please continue reading as this page contains further details and important information for you. If you have any questions, please contact Keithe Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- At least some of the presenters at the booth must have a CS background. Colleges/Universities are encouraged to bring current CS students.
- The booth must include some sort of exhibit or activity that relates to CS (see below for ideas).
Suggestions for Creating an Engaging Booth
- Presenters with great person-to-person and presentation skills
- Physical objects that students can engage with
- CS Unplugged activities
- CS-related puzzles, challenges, or games for students to complete
- Demos of cool devices
- Visualizations of relevant data or research
- Products/brands/experiences that students will recognize or relate with
- Students will be free to move around and choose what to attend.
- Students will have been encouraged to ask questions; this is their opportunity to learn and explore extracurricular, college, and career opportunities in computer science. We highly encourage you to talk to the students about how you got to your current position, what you studied in college, how you chose this career path, etc.
- Students will be given a bag at check-in so they can collect swag and handouts.
- 7:00 – 8:45 am – Booth set up. At least one booth representative must be present by 8:30 am. You are responsible for transporting your own materials to the event.
- 9:00 – 12:00 pm – Students visit booths and breakout sessions. During this time students are free to move between breakout sessions and booths.
- 12:00 – 12:20 pm – Booth breakdown. The exhibit hall will be used as a lunch room for students so booth breakdown must be completed by 12:20 pm.
- 12:20 – 1:00 pm – Lunch. We will have lunch available for you. Feel free to stick around and join for some of the action in the student lunch rooms!
- 12:30 – 1:00 pm – Closing. If you’d like to stay for the closing speeches and raffle, feel free to join one of the auditoriums.